Select Page

A landlord and tenant can negotiate mainly in Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese or Korean the rental, rental or subletting of a rental unit. In this case, the landlord must give the tenant a written translation of the proposed tenancy or tenancy agreement in the language used in the negotiation before the tenant signs it. This rule applies, whether the negotiations are oral or written. The rule does not apply when the lease is one month or less. The landlord must give the tenant the written translation of the tenancy or tenancy agreement, whether the tenant requests it or not. The translation must contain all the conditions and conditions in the lease, but may retain items such as names, addresses, figures, dollar amounts and data in English. It is never enough for the landlord to give the tenant the written translation of the tenancy or tenancy agreement after the tenant is signed. Spanish-, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese or Korean tenants negotiated the lease through their own interpreter; and however, the landlord is not obliged to give the tenant a written translation of the tenancy or tenancy agreement if all the following points are correct: Then you should add a single unilateral document, Spanish in the upper half, English below, which confirms that the tenant has checked all the documents, understands them and has had the opportunity to ask questions to the subcontractor lawyer. Have the tenant sign either the Spanish or English section, depending on the comfort of the language. Hello @Ian Thompson. I do not recommend that you translate all your leasing documents into Spanish: the courts will not know what to do with them. We have other Spanish tenants in different buildings and they all get English rental contracts and we never had a problem, even though it was time to go to court.

I advise you to invest in a Spanish-speaking lawyer to make your rentals. Make sure the lawyer understands all your documents. (Source: My question to all of you is whether I should try to provide these people with Spanish documents, that is, leases and other such documents, or are you doing your whole thing in English? One of the last buildings I bought had similar problems and then cured it with Pest Control. It would seem that the other two tenants I did not talk to are also Hispanic. Here in Texas, TAR offers a polished Spanish translation of the residential rental contract, but it finds very clearly that it cannot be used in place of the English version and is not a legally binding contract. The interpreter is not employed or provided by the owner or through the owner. The tenant`s interpreter is able to speak fluently and read English with all the understanding, as well as Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese or Korean (depending on what was used in the negotiations); and this is the U.S. Courts working in our English language.

If they can`t read it, they have to hire someone to help them read it. But there`s a good chance you`ll rent to someone without SSN and put yourself at a huge risk by not checking your background. @Ian Thompson The answer will vary from state to state, so you need to know the law in California. In California, the law says: “The interpreter is not a minor (under 18); and I would do nothing but English, and that is why I did this: the courts in the United States operate in English.